Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This Labor Day weekend (Sept. 2-5) includes Fiesta Hermosa, 626 Night Market, the LA County Fair, LA Times’ The Taste, a Vegan Street Fair, the LB Greek Festival and LOTS more to choose from.
Friday September 2nd, 2016
1. The LA Times hosts The Taste, the ultimate epicurean pop-up and block party over Labor Day weekend, Sep 2-4, at the Paramount Pictures Studios backlot.
2. The Vegan Street Fair will host a night festival over Labor Day weekend (Sep. 2-3) at the Federal Bar in North Hollywood featuring some of the best vegan spots in LA.
3. Popular series Rooftop Cinema Club is back with a screening of Top Gun. Happening on the rooftop of the Ricardo Montalbán Theatre guests are provided headphones and lawn chairs to relax on. Food and drinks are available for purchase and the views are free!
4. LA Fleet Week docks at the Port of Los Angeles for a four-day festival (Sep 2-5) of hosting public ship tours, aerial demos and more. This is the first time ever that our city has hosted an Official Fleet Week. FREE
5. The Alchemist’s Lab: A Victorian Escape Room happening Thursday through Sunday.DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. The L.A. County Fair is back at the Fairplex starting this week and running till Sep. 25 experience rides, animals, food, shopping and a stellar concert series.
7. 626 Night Market will take over Santa Anita Park with food vendors offering unique cuisine and merchandise, along with fun activities for all ages Friday through Sunday.
8. Walk through a Hawaiian market place right in the heart of Venice Beach Sep. 2-45 when FLUX Hawaii General Store pops up with 70 island artisans and brands for your shopping pleasure. Workshops and other entertainment will be provided throughout the weekend. FREE
9. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening Thursday through Sunday.DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. Now in its 52nd year Cinecon Classic Film Festival will host five days of special screenings of rare and restored films at the historic Egyptian Theatre.
11. Shakespeare in the Park offers free donation-based Shakespeare performance at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park this month “The Tempest” will run Wednesdays through Sundays. FREE
12. Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
13. Dance Downtown will offer an open air dance floor with beginner dance lessons taught by top Los Angeles dance instructors alongside a live band or DJ. This week the theme is Disco! FREE
14. The Monrow Sample Sale Sept. 1-5 with savings up to 80% off on all men’s, women’s and children’s apparel. Location: 564 Rose Avenue, Venice, 90291
15. LACMA’s award winning Department of Music Program provides hundreds of free concerts and musical events every year for Angelenos to enjoy. This Friday their jazz series continues at the BP Grand Entrance.
16. The South Park 20 Experience opened this month at The Paley Center in Beverly Hills. Check out the foul mouth characters 20 years of anitics all under one roof this weekend. FREE
17. Free Museums This Friday
- Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
- Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 pm)
- Long Beach Museum of Art
Saturday September 3rd, 2016
18. Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa (Sep. 3-5) it’s one of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California, hosting over 300 artists. Expect live music, a beer & wine garden and a kiddie carnival. FREE
19. The Electric Dusk Drive-In is back at a new location on Fletcher Street at the LACCD Van De Kamp college campus complete with an astroturf outdoor seating area. Bring a car or come with lawn chairs this week Fast Times at Ridgemont Hight will be screened. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. 67th Annual Long Beach Greek Festival is back this Labor Day weekend (Sep 3-5) with authentic Greek food, music and lots of dancing. FREE
21. Street Food Cinema has screenings of two movies this Saturday. Devil Wears Prada at Glendale Central Park (discounted) and Grease at Will Rogers State Park (discounted). DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar).
22. Southern California’s newest waterfront beach club, WET Carnival is coming to the Queen Mary in Long Beach for Labor Day weekend. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. For one-night-only the Pacific Opera Project will give an encore performance of their Star Trek parody of Mozart’s Abduction from the Seraglio this Saturday at the newly renovated Ford Theaters. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. The third annual Friends of the Los Angeles River Fish Derby will let you fish without a license this Saturday. The event will be held by the Los Angeles River at the California State Parks Bowtie Parcel. Kids age 6-17 fish for free. The cost for adult anglers is $35, but you can get a $10 discount if you volunteer to help kids master their skills.
26. The Downtown Long Beach Summer & Music series concludes this Saturday with Buskerfest, a festival featuring local and regional bands competing for bragging rights. FREE
27. The 5th Annual Power Fest is returning to South Los Angeles on Saturday, Sept.3 for a day of celebration, education, and empowerment. This free annual music festival aims to empower citizens, by focusing on education on the upcoming election and promote voting on important local and state ballot initiatives. FREE
28. Union Station will play host to Live Nation’s Ones To Watch concert series, co-presented by KROQ’s Locals Only. This week music will be provided by Brandyn Burnette, Salt Petal, Bryce Fox, DJ Val Fluery, and a special performance TBA. FREE
29. The Redondo Pier Association will once again sponsor the biggest free summer concert series in the South Bay. Featuring 20 bands throughout the summer every Thursday and Saturday from July 2 to September 3. FREE
30. Top comics will take the stage at the iconic Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip this Saturday.DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. Eat|See|Hear is back with a screening of The Hateful Eight. Check for discounted tickets before you make your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. Did you know it’s mating season for tarantulas? This Saturday there will be an easy ranger-led sunset hike on the trails of Rancho Sierra Vista to scope out the action. There’s no guarantee the spiders will be seen but a pet tarantula will be on display for your viewing pleasure. FREE
33. Now in it’s 15th season Cinespia brings classic films to the famed Fairbanks Lawn at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Some 4,000 moviegoers are expected to attend per night, bring blankets, food and drinks (including alcoholic beverages). This week they will screen the The Birds on Saturday and True Romance on Sunday.
34. Project Gallery will host an opening reception for Jeremiah Kille’s “Clapotis” from 7 to 10 p.m. in Chinatown. FREE
35. The WSF Health & Wellness Expo is a one day workout fest with free classes being offered to ticket holders all day long. Tickets cost $10 online, $15 at the door and also gets you access to discounts and a free t-shirt.
Sunday September 4th, 2016
36. Barnsdall Art Park Foundation is hosting its Wine & a Movie fundraising series at the Hollyhock House starting Sept. 4 with a screening of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. The Stardust String Quartet will also play classically-arranged Bowie for pre-show entertainment.
37. Get ready to put a little swing in your step and listen to the icons croon! The Battleship IOWA will host USO tribute show The Hollywood Canteen right on the deck of their ship. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
38. Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach will host First Sundays a free summer pool party on their rooftop featuring handcrafted drinks, a delicious food menu, and some awesome beats spun by a live DJ. FREE
39. Roosevelt pool party Cruel Summer is back this Labor Day weekend featuring a live performance by Keith AKA Stunnaman of the Pack, alongside special guest DJs. Expect plenty of dancing in the sun. Make sure to RSVP. FREE
40. Marina Del Rey Hotel will host a pool party at the hotel’s gorgeous infinity pool. Order up cocktails and bites from SALT while DJ Ella spins tunes into the sunset. FREE
41. It’s pay what you can at the Craft and Folk Art Museum on Sunday.
42. The Museum of Latin American Art is free on Sundays. FREE
Monday September 5th, 2016
43. Spend Labor Day with Snoop Dogg as he headlines the Labor Day Music Festival taking place at Expo Park. Los Lonely Boys, Poncho Sanchez, Dennis Jones Band, The Victor Orlando Orchestra and Fun-Ja-La are also on the bill!
44. California Sol at the Ace Upstairs in DTLA celebrates Labor Day with a special edition of the their weekly party featuring guest DJ Jeremy Sole. Swimsuits are strongly encouraged, party is free and open to the public 21+. FREE
45. Rockin’ Rainbow Harbor Cocktail Cruise will set sail from Long Beach on Labor Day with live music, drinks,food and spectacular ocean and city views that include the Queen Mary. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Article by We Like LA.