West Hills is an affluent residential and commercial neighborhood in the western San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, California. The percentage of residents aged 35 and older is among the highest in Los Angeles County. West Hills (formerly joined with Canoga Park) is located in the West San Fernando Valley (SFV)in the county of Los Angeles and about 30 minutes (depending on traffic) from Downtown Los Angeles. It is off of the 101 Ventura freeway offramp Valley Circle Blvd/Mullholland Highway.
As of the 2010 census, and according to the Los Angeles Almanac, there were 38,814 people and 10,626 households residing in West Hills. The ethnic-racial medley of the neighborhood was 78.89% White, 11.97% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 2.11% African American, 0.36% Native American, 2.80% from other races, and 3.82% from two or more races. 9.26% of the population were Hispanic of any race.
All of these large Parks are open for walks, hiking, mountain biking, and equestrian riding; sunrise to sunset.
- El Escorpión Park: The area landmark El Escorpión Peak centered in the park offers hikes with impressive views of the Valley. The trailhead and parking are at the western end of Vanowen Boulevard, west of Valley Circle Boulevard (Castle Peak Park).
- Bell Canyon Park is directly adjacent on the northwest of El Escorpión Park, with trails along natural Bell Creek and up the north side of the Peak. The trailheads and parking are off Bell Canyon Boulevard just before the 'Bell Canyon community' gatehouse, west of Valley Circle Boulevard. Pedestrian access follows up the creek past the gated road to later loop around the Peak to El Escorpión Park.
- Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve parking and trailheads are at the western end of Victory Boulevard, west of Valley Circle Boulevard. Trails cross the huge natural park and connect west to adjoining Cheseboro-Palo Comado Canyon Park section of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, north to El Escorpión and Bell Canyon Parks, and south to Hidden Hills, creating a generous greenbelt for West Hills. There are also scheduled evening moonlight hikes, and daytime events.
- Roscoe/Valley Circle Park is a rustic linear open space park with panoramic views and an equestrian trail, west of Valley Circle Blvd. with access at Roscoe Boulevard, at West Stagg Street, and at Quiet Hills Court.
Government representation and services
County of Los Angeles
West Hills, formerly known as Canoga Park, is located within the City of Los Angeles — represented by Councilmember Mitchell Englander. It borders the cities of Calabasas, Woodland Hills, and Canoga Park all located within the San Fernando Valley in California.
West Hills Police and fire
- Los Angeles Police Department — West Hills is served by the LAPD Topanga Community Station, located in adjacent Canoga Park.
The LAPD named the station after a historical village of the local Tongva—Fernandeño Native American tribe, using a westernized version of its Tongva language name. It was originally to be named the Northwest Station, however local residents preferred a name reflecting the region's history. The new complex opened at 21501 Schoenborn Street (91304) in 2008.
- Los Angeles Fire Department — West Hills is served by LAFD Station 106 in West Hills, and LAFD Station 105 in Woodland Hills (Fallbrook and Victory).
The Los Angeles Public Library operates the Platt Branch Library at 23600 Victory Boulevard. In 2015, the Neighborhood Councils of West Hills and Woodland Hills-Warner Center agreed to share jurisdiction over the library and its grounds, making it a part of both West Hills and Woodland Hills.
West Hills Neighborhood Council
The West Hills Neighborhood Council (WHNC) has a website, public meetings, and sponsors events and activities. It is governed by a 25-member board of directors that is elected by West Hills stakeholders (residents and local business owners). The council also is a resource as the city's official forum for individuals and the community to learn about, discuss and take positions on local and citywide issues.
West Hills Hospitals
The West Hills Hospital and Medical Center, located at Medical Center Drive and Sherman Way, serves the local community as well as patients from several cities in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. The West Hills Hospital Surgical Center opened in 1996, and performs procedures in specialties such as general and hand surgery (done by The Hand Center of Southern California), gynecology, gastroenterology, and orthopedics.The West Hills Hospital and Medical Center facilities also include a large maternity ward and an oncology unit. The Grossman Burn Centers, formerly based at Sherman Oaks Hospital, moved to West Hills Hospital in 2010. This hospital (originally opening in 1984) is not a trauma center so any trauma/emergency cases are routed nearby to Northridge Hospital.
Thirty-eight percent of West Hills residents aged 25 and older had earned a four-year degree by 2000, a high percentage for both the city and the county. The percentages of those residents with a master's degree or higher was also high for the county.
Schools within the West Hills boundaries are:
The Los Angeles Unified School District operates public schools in this area.
- Capistrano Avenue Elementary School, 8118 Capistrano Avenue
- Enadia Way Elementary School (Enadia Technology Enriched Charter School), 22944 Enadia Way
- Hamlin Street Elementary School (Hamlin Charter Academy), 22627 Hamlin Street
- Haynes Elementary School, 6624 Lockhurst Drive
- Justice Street Elementary School, 23350 Justice Street
- Nevada Avenue Elementary School, 22120 Chase Street
- Pomelo Drive Elementary School, 7633 March Avenue
- Welby Way Elementary School, 23456 Welby Way
- Ivy Academia Entrepreneurial Charter High School, 7353 Valley Circle Boulevard
- New Community Jewish High School, 22622 Vanowen Street
- Chaminade College Preparatory, high school, 7500 Chaminade Avenue
- Parkhill School, 7401 Shoup Avenue
- Crane Academy of Excellence, K-12, 23119 Vose Street
- Kadima Day School, 7011 Shoup Avenue
- Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran, elementary, 23838 Kittridge Street
Adjacent public schools
Public middle schools and high schools serving West Hills within their district boundary lines include:
- Hale Middle School—George Ellery Hale Charter Academy (Woodland Hills)
- Christopher Columbus Middle School (Canoga Park)
- Canoga Park Senior High School (Canoga Park)
- Chatsworth Senior High School—Chatsworth Charter High School (Chatsworth)
- El Camino Real Senior High School—El Camino Real Charter High School (Woodland Hills)
- Ivy Academia Entrepreneurial Charter School Tk-6 (Woodland Hills)
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
3 Beds, 2 Baths1,898 sqft lot 17,269 sqftMLS SR192798042 Days on Market
3 Beds, 2 Baths1,898 sqft lot 17,341 sqftMLS 195359703 Days on Market
$649,0004 Beds, 3 Baths1,675 sqft lot 21,543 sqftMLS SR192754054 Days on Market
3 Beds, 2 Baths1,288 sqft lot 7,509 sqftMLS 2190143308 Days on Market
$729,9003 Beds, 3 Baths1,678 sqft lot 14,937 sqftMLS SR192759439 Days on Market
5 Beds, 3 Baths2,470 sqft lot 10,564 sqftMLS SR192754959 Days on Market
$648,0004 Beds, 3 Baths1,754 sqft lot 7,562 sqftMLS SR1927373110 Days on Market
$679,9993 Beds, 2 Baths1,358 sqft lot 7,562 sqftMLS 21901427510 Days on Market
$759,0004 Beds, 2 Baths2,232 sqft lot 9,002 sqftMLS 21901426210 Days on Market
4 Beds, 2 Baths1,808 sqft lot 8,212 sqftMLS SR1925451511 Days on Market
$1,449,0005 Beds, 5 Baths3,372 sqft lot 14,166 sqftMLS 21901419713 Days on Market
$683,9334 Beds, 4 Baths2,200 sqft lot 1,688 sqftMLS 1953315016 Days on Market
$699,0004 Beds, 2 Baths1,439 sqft lot 9,159 sqftMLS SR1927239316 Days on Market
$739,0004 Beds, 2 Baths1,400 sqft lot 11,607 sqftMLS SR1927188317 Days on Market
$925,0004 Beds, 4 Baths2,300 sqft lot 9,877 sqftMLS 21901405321 Days on Market
$965,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,598 sqft lot 20,580.00 acMLS SR1927625222 Days on Market
$780,0004 Beds, 2 Baths1,856 sqft lot 8,070 sqftMLS 1953189222 Days on Market
4 Beds, 2 Baths1,810 sqft lot 7,771 sqftMLS 1953190222 Days on Market
$650,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,908 sqft lot 9,143 sqftMLS 1953195622 Days on Market
$874,9995 Beds, 3 Baths2,174 sqft lot 11,318 sqftMLS SR1926708025 Days on Market
$699,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,570 sqft lot 7,514 sqftMLS SR1926522429 Days on Market
$674,9903 Beds, 3 Baths1,771 sqft lot 7,561 sqftMLS SR1926570030 Days on Market
$699,9993 Beds, 2 Baths1,570 sqft lot 7,723 sqftMLS SR1926412030 Days on Market
$774,5004 Beds, 2 Baths1,623 sqft lot 7,502 sqftMLS SR1926005531 Days on Market
$749,0004 Beds, 2 Baths1,743 sqft lot 6,944 sqftMLS SR1926256832 Days on Market
$699,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,570 sqft lot 7,198 sqftMLS SR1926060332 Days on Market
$829,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,090 sqft lot 11,000 sqftMLS SR1926185134 Days on Market
$1,179,0005 Beds, 3 Baths2,852 sqft lot 10,549 sqftMLS SR1926169735 Days on Market
$829,0004 Beds, 2 Baths2,047 sqft lot 13,956 sqftMLS SR1926133035 Days on Market
$765,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,941 sqft lot 12,442 sqftMLS SR1925930436 Days on Market
Based on information from CARETS as of 12/12/19 8:02 PM PST. The information being provided by CARETS is for the visitor's personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties visitor may be interested in purchasing. The data contained herein is copyrighted by CARETS, CLAW, CRISNet MLS, i-Tech MLS, PSRMLS and/or VCRDS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Any property information referenced on this website comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of CRISNet MLS and/or CARETS. All data, including all measurements and calculations of area, is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MLS. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
This MLS IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.