West Hills is an affluent residential and commercial neighborhood in the western San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, California. The percentage of residents aged 35 and older is among the highest in Los Angeles County. West Hills (formerly joined with Canoga Park) is located in the West San Fernando Valley (SFV)in the county of Los Angeles and about 30 minutes (depending on traffic) from Downtown Los Angeles. It is off of the 101 Ventura freeway offramp Valley Circle Blvd/Mullholland Highway.
As of the 2010 census, and according to the Los Angeles Almanac, there were 38,814 people and 10,626 households residing in West Hills. The ethnic-racial medley of the neighborhood was 78.89% White, 11.97% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 2.11% African American, 0.36% Native American, 2.80% from other races, and 3.82% from two or more races. 9.26% of the population were Hispanic of any race.
All of these large Parks are open for walks, hiking, mountain biking, and equestrian riding; sunrise to sunset.
- El Escorpión Park: The area landmark El Escorpión Peak centered in the park offers hikes with impressive views of the Valley. The trailhead and parking are at the western end of Vanowen Boulevard, west of Valley Circle Boulevard (Castle Peak Park).
- Bell Canyon Park is directly adjacent on the northwest of El Escorpión Park, with trails along natural Bell Creek and up the north side of the Peak. The trailheads and parking are off Bell Canyon Boulevard just before the 'Bell Canyon community' gatehouse, west of Valley Circle Boulevard. Pedestrian access follows up the creek past the gated road to later loop around the Peak to El Escorpión Park.
- Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve parking and trailheads are at the western end of Victory Boulevard, west of Valley Circle Boulevard. Trails cross the huge natural park and connect west to adjoining Cheseboro-Palo Comado Canyon Park section of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, north to El Escorpión and Bell Canyon Parks, and south to Hidden Hills, creating a generous greenbelt for West Hills. There are also scheduled evening moonlight hikes, and daytime events.
- Roscoe/Valley Circle Park is a rustic linear open space park with panoramic views and an equestrian trail, west of Valley Circle Blvd. with access at Roscoe Boulevard, at West Stagg Street, and at Quiet Hills Court.
Government representation and services
County of Los Angeles
West Hills, formerly known as Canoga Park, is located within the City of Los Angeles — represented by Councilmember Mitchell Englander. It borders the cities of Calabasas, Woodland Hills, and Canoga Park all located within the San Fernando Valley in California.
West Hills Police and fire
- Los Angeles Police Department — West Hills is served by the LAPD Topanga Community Station, located in adjacent Canoga Park.
The LAPD named the station after a historical village of the local Tongva—Fernandeño Native American tribe, using a westernized version of its Tongva language name. It was originally to be named the Northwest Station, however local residents preferred a name reflecting the region's history. The new complex opened at 21501 Schoenborn Street (91304) in 2008.
- Los Angeles Fire Department — West Hills is served by LAFD Station 106 in West Hills, and LAFD Station 105 in Woodland Hills (Fallbrook and Victory).
The Los Angeles Public Library operates the Platt Branch Library at 23600 Victory Boulevard. In 2015, the Neighborhood Councils of West Hills and Woodland Hills-Warner Center agreed to share jurisdiction over the library and its grounds, making it a part of both West Hills and Woodland Hills.
West Hills Neighborhood Council
The West Hills Neighborhood Council (WHNC) has a website, public meetings, and sponsors events and activities. It is governed by a 25-member board of directors that is elected by West Hills stakeholders (residents and local business owners). The council also is a resource as the city's official forum for individuals and the community to learn about, discuss and take positions on local and citywide issues.
West Hills Hospitals
The West Hills Hospital and Medical Center, located at Medical Center Drive and Sherman Way, serves the local community as well as patients from several cities in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. The West Hills Hospital Surgical Center opened in 1996, and performs procedures in specialties such as general and hand surgery (done by The Hand Center of Southern California), gynecology, gastroenterology, and orthopedics.The West Hills Hospital and Medical Center facilities also include a large maternity ward and an oncology unit. The Grossman Burn Centers, formerly based at Sherman Oaks Hospital, moved to West Hills Hospital in 2010. This hospital (originally opening in 1984) is not a trauma center so any trauma/emergency cases are routed nearby to Northridge Hospital.
Thirty-eight percent of West Hills residents aged 25 and older had earned a four-year degree by 2000, a high percentage for both the city and the county. The percentages of those residents with a master's degree or higher was also high for the county.
Schools within the West Hills boundaries are:
The Los Angeles Unified School District operates public schools in this area.
- Capistrano Avenue Elementary School, 8118 Capistrano Avenue
- Enadia Way Elementary School (Enadia Technology Enriched Charter School), 22944 Enadia Way
- Hamlin Street Elementary School (Hamlin Charter Academy), 22627 Hamlin Street
- Haynes Elementary School, 6624 Lockhurst Drive
- Justice Street Elementary School, 23350 Justice Street
- Nevada Avenue Elementary School, 22120 Chase Street
- Pomelo Drive Elementary School, 7633 March Avenue
- Welby Way Elementary School, 23456 Welby Way
- Ivy Academia Entrepreneurial Charter High School, 7353 Valley Circle Boulevard
- New Community Jewish High School, 22622 Vanowen Street
- Chaminade College Preparatory, high school, 7500 Chaminade Avenue
- Parkhill School, 7401 Shoup Avenue
- Crane Academy of Excellence, K-12, 23119 Vose Street
- Kadima Day School, 7011 Shoup Avenue
- Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran, elementary, 23838 Kittridge Street
Adjacent public schools
Public middle schools and high schools serving West Hills within their district boundary lines include:
- Hale Middle School—George Ellery Hale Charter Academy (Woodland Hills)
- Christopher Columbus Middle School (Canoga Park)
- Canoga Park Senior High School (Canoga Park)
- Chatsworth Senior High School—Chatsworth Charter High School (Chatsworth)
- El Camino Real Senior High School—El Camino Real Charter High School (Woodland Hills)
- Ivy Academia Entrepreneurial Charter School Tk-6 (Woodland Hills)
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
$599,9995 Beds, 6 Baths5,000 sqft lot 23,087 sqftMLS SR200131033 Days on Market
$625,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,354 sqft lot 7,196 sqftMLS SR200127673 Days on Market
$800,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,449 sqft lot 16,819 sqftMLS SR200123654 Days on Market
$749,9003 Beds, 2 Baths1,553 sqft lot 7,561 sqftMLS SR200123664 Days on Market
4 Beds, 3 Baths2,118 sqft lot 5,025 sqftMLS SR200119534 Days on Market
$799,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,400 sqft lot 13,992 sqftMLS SR200098764 Days on Market
$650,0004 Beds, 2 Baths1,571 sqft lot 7,502 sqftMLS SR200115335 Days on Market
$664,3104 Beds, 4 Bathslot 1,607 sqftMLS 205445305 Days on Market
$989,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,696 sqft lot 9,833 sqftMLS SR200119246 Days on Market
$679,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,553 sqft lot 6,944 sqftMLS SR200098746 Days on Market
$759,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,224 sqft lot 7,561 sqftMLS SR192868466 Days on Market
3 Beds, 2 Baths1,128 sqft lot 8,251 sqftMLS SR200054286 Days on Market
$1,189,0004 Beds, 3 Baths3,585 sqft lot 11,022 sqftMLS 205429428 Days on Market
4 Beds, 3 Baths2,417 sqft lot 8,313 sqftMLS SR200067909 Days on Market
$925,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,605 sqft lot 8,456 sqftMLS SR2000699411 Days on Market
$875,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,625 sqft lot 12,774 sqftMLS 22000036111 Days on Market
$728,9503 Beds, 2 Baths1,250 sqft lot 7,794 sqftMLS SR1928647511 Days on Market
$789,9993 Beds, 3 Baths1,815 sqft lot 34.23 acMLS SR2000257412 Days on Market
$749,0004 Beds, 3 Baths1,608 sqft lot 8,260 sqftMLS SR2000413813 Days on Market
$948,0183 Beds, 2 Baths1,636 sqft lot 11,587 sqftMLS SR2000374614 Days on Market
4 Beds, 2 Baths1,809 sqft lot 8,119 sqftMLS SR1928536915 Days on Market
3 Beds, 2 Baths1,160 sqft lot 8,603 sqftMLS SR2000320715 Days on Market
$1,149,0005 Beds, 5 Baths4,147 sqft lot 10,779 sqftMLS SR2000247217 Days on Market
$679,0004 Beds, 3 Baths1,574 sqft lot 2,303 sqftMLS SR2000048119 Days on Market
$719,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,710 sqft lot 7,592 sqftMLS SR1928664421 Days on Market
$1,098,0004 Beds, 3 Baths2,696 sqft lot 10,474 sqftMLS SR1927051725 Days on Market
$495,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,221 sqft lot 1.82 acMLS SR1928581325 Days on Market
4 Beds, 3 Baths2,346 sqft lot 8,635 sqftMLS SR1928293833 Days on Market
$720,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,570 sqft lot 7,631 sqftMLS 1953751635 Days on Market
$725,0005 Beds, 2 Baths1,644 sqft lot 8,400 sqftMLS 21901460235 Days on Market
Based on information from CARETS as of 1/20/20 11:29 PM PST. The information being provided by CARETS is for the visitor's personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties visitor may be interested in purchasing. The data contained herein is copyrighted by CARETS, CLAW, CRISNet MLS, i-Tech MLS, PSRMLS and/or VCRDS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Any property information referenced on this website comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of CRISNet MLS and/or CARETS. All data, including all measurements and calculations of area, is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MLS. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
This MLS IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2020.